Roof Repair or Roof Replacement
Repair or replace? It’s a common question we hear from our customers. The first thing our roofing company will do when we come out to your home is inspect your roof to make sure that a roof replacement is the best solution for your roofing issue. We will not ask you to replace your roof if less costly repairs will fix the problem – but we do want to make sure that any repairs that are made are long-term solutions and not just quick fixes.
While out inspecting your home’s roof, we will look for signs that your roof needs to be replaced, such as: shingle curling, algae growth, damaged ashing, missing shingles or granules, shingle buckling, or rotting.
The Roof Replacement Process
Once we have determined that a roof replacement is your best course of action, we will undergo a comprehensive process to replace your old roof:
- First of all, we will tear off the old roof and the old felt paper. Removing old felt paper is a critical step that not all roofing contractors will take, but it’s essential because removing the felt paper is the only way to see the condition of the wood beneath it.
- We will inspect the entire roof deck to make sure all decking is in good functional condition. If new decking is needed in areas, it will be replaced.
- We will also install new lead boots over your plumbing stacks, new vents over your exhaust openings, new edge ashing, and new ice and water shield throughout the roof’s valley areas.
- We will install wind-resistant starter-strip shingles before carefully adding fungus-resistant asphalt/ fiberglass shingles. New felt paper will be installed as well.
- Because cleaning up the jobsite is important, after we have performed the roof replacement, we will run magnets through your yard and landscaping to ensure we have picked up as many loose nails and staples as possible.
We work with GAF, Tamko, and Owens Corning shingles and roofing materials as our major brands. We can also offer any shingle you might request such as Certainteed, IKO, or Malarkey. We will gladly guide you through the process of selecting your new roofing shingles – color, style, and all.
We are happy to answer any questions you have about what to expect during a re-roof project, why ventilation is important for a roof, different shingle types, and more.
We offer financing through Service Finance Company, LLC.
Curious to hear from our past customers? Visit our Reviews page and scroll through photos of completed roofing projects in our Gallery!
Please contact our roofing company at any time to ask questions or schedule a preliminary inspection of your current roof!
Austin’s Roofer We have built our reputation at Driftwood Builders Roofing just as solidly as we build our roofs – by providing customers with the best service and the highest quality workmanship in Austin. We understand that your roof is one of the most important features of your home, and that the last thing you want to deal with is unnecessary maintenance or repairs. That’s why our roofing company provides the best shingle roof replacement service you will find anywhere. A properly installed roof using the highest quality products should last at least 18 to 20 years, and we aim to achieve that.
Whether you are ready to shop for all-new shingles or you just want a familiar variation on the shingles you have always had, Driftwood Builders Roofing has what you are looking for.
Contact our roofing company today for ideas, prices and guidance!