Putting a new roof on a home is a big job. It takes a team of seasoned, skilled roofing professionals to come together with a number of tools to do the job right. To give you an idea of what you will see when your roofing team shows up, we’re going to talk about the equipment we use as a roofing team.
Equipment Used by your Roofing Team
Our job as roofers can be messy, dirty, and physically tough. But it’s also rewarding and interesting. Professional roofers are skilled and experienced with the entire process of tearing off a roof and putting a new one on a home, as well as the many tools required. Many roofers have been doing this kind of work for a long time and have their own favorite pieces of equipment. We want to show you a few you will see on the job site when we repair your roof or put an entirely new roof on your home so you know what to expect.
- Ladders. You will see a lot of ladders in use around your home when we are repairing your roof or putting a new roof on. You will likely see a number of roofers going up and down ladders all day. It’s best to be careful around all ladders, while also keeping in mind that work is going on above you. Ladders play a substantial role in putting on a new roof, and we are experienced with working on them for many hours a day.
- Shovels, Scrapers, and Pry Bars. These types of roofing devices will be wielded around both on top of the roof and below in the yard. Tearing down a roof is a heavy and serious job that calls for many tools to get the job done properly. Shovels, scrapers, and pry bars are often used for shingle and nail removal along with clean-up and other tear-down processes.
- Safety Equipment. You will see the roofers dressed in gear to protect their health and safety while working. Safety glasses, gloves, and designated protective footwear can be part of a professional roofer’s working gear. It’s important that roofing teams take precautions and safeguards when their health and safety are concerned as well.
- Generators. The roofing crew might need to utilize generators. Be aware that generators will add to the noise level of work happening. Roofing work can be loud for periods of time, but know that it is necessary and so worth the effort to have a nice new roof on your home.
- Roofing Knives, Caulk Guns, Hammers, and Snips. Roofing pros will be using and operating a lot of equipment during the day. A roofing installation is somewhat hidden from homeowners due to the height and location of the work taking place. But know that these workers will be operating and performing detailed tasks with many tools throughout the project.
Roofing Tools on the Work Site
Professional roofers will often bring a lot of work gear onto a job site, put on a new roof in a few days, and clean up without a homeowner even realizing all the work that goes into installing a new roof. Homeowners are often busy with their own day and life’s plans so we wanted to quickly share a few of the items you might see on a work site when you are heading out for your busy day.
Experienced roofers are skilled with the tools they use. Many of the items we listed above should be handled with respect and care to ensure safety and good work. We only listed a handful of items a roofing crew will bring to a site, but rest assured, they will gather them all up, clean up the work area when the roof is all done and you’ll barely know they were there.
Your Local Austin Area Roofing Professionals
We strive to bring you the best in roofing for the Austin, Texas area. We deliver decades of roofing experience, training, and knowledge in this area’s needs. We are a prominent roofing company in residential roof repair and roof replacement. We will not ask for a deposit on labor or materials as a dependable way to stand out from the competition while bringing you the best product and service in Austin.
When we inspect, install, or repair your roof, we want to provide you with the best options for your roof design, components, and ventilation. We are Master Elite Contractors bringing you the latest in roofing technology, and a member of our local area Better Business Bureau, so you know we take pride in our work and our community.
Contact us by phone or email to schedule your FREE roofing inspection and quote today.