If you read the title of this blog post and thought, “The best time of year to replace your roof is when it needs to be replaced”, you’d be correct. But there are plenty of homeowners who have an aged roof that’s still in OK shape but is reaching the end of its life. For homeowners who need a new roof but aren’t currently facing any roofing problems, you can plan for a roof replacement at a future time of the year that’s best. Of course there are a number of factors to consider when deciding what time of year is the best to replace a roof, and that’s what we’re covering below.
Is there a Best Time of Year to Replace your Roof?
If you are currently experiencing a leaking roof or have damage to your roof because of a storm or pests, right now is the best time to replace your roof. The time for putting on a new roof might not be convenient, but if your roof isn’t protecting your home adequately, you can’t wait on a roof replacement.
Here’s a look at 2 common roof replacement situations plus a glimpse into selecting your roof when building a new house.
- Replacing a Worn Roof – If you have an older roof on your current home, but haven’t had much trouble with leaking or shingle displacement, you can probably coordinate the perfect time with your roofer when everyone has time on their calendar and the weather is clear. You might need some damage mitigation to get you through, but it’s possible that your roofer has a work queue, especially if there was a recent bad storm. So contacting your Austin roofing pros ahead of time will help make your desired roof replacement timing doable for all.
- Emergency Repairs – Let’s face it, roofing systems protect your home and family from a lot of weather and environmental issues. But over time or during a rough storm, your roof could receive serious damage in a short period of time. Your roofer will be able to determine how to proceed, but they will certainly want to get a new roof on your home as soon as they can. You can negotiate timelines based on availability for your area if many storm-damaged homes are in need of repairs.
- Roofing a New House – When you are building a home, there will be many schedules in place. The roofers will be notified well in advance before the new roof can be installed. You will have time to discuss your color and shingle options, and can coordinate those choices with other exterior choices like brick, paint colors, shutters, and front door.
Roof Replacement by Season
- Winter – This can be a tough time to replace or install a new roof. With a lot of moisture and cold temperatures, the installation can get delayed. However, if the weather is mild and dry, you could see a new roof installed pretty quickly.
- Spring – Moderate temperatures in spring can be the perfect time to have your new roof installed. Again, if the weather is dry, the roof replacement projects ahead of you won’t be delayed.
- Summer – With hot temperatures and people in the mood to do more home repairs, you might need to wait to have your new roof installed during the summer. It can be the ideal time to work with adhesives for your roof and with dry weather, many new roofs are installed in the summer season.
- Fall – Another busy time of year for roofers, you might need to wait during the fall as well. If the weather holds, many folks will think about fixing up their home and putting on their new roof before winter weather approaches.
With any season, the time of year to put on your new roof can either be planned in advance or executed quickly. Speaking with your favorite roofer about timing and the state of your roof will be the best option.
All in all, your roofer will be able to assist you with any repairs you might need if waiting is a must. If you have an emergency, tarping and mitigating could come into play while you wait for the new roof installation or for crummy weather to subside.
Your Local Austin Area Roofing Professionals
We strive to bring you the best in roofing for the Austin, Texas area. We deliver decades of roofing experience, training, and knowledge in this area’s needs. We are a prominent roofing company in residential roof repair and roof replacement. We will not ask for a deposit on labor or materials as a dependable way to stand out from the competition while bringing you the best product and service in Austin.
When we inspect, install, or repair your roof, we want to provide you with the best options for your roof design, components, and ventilation. We are Master Elite Contractors bringing you the latest in roofing technology, and a member of our local area Better Business Bureau, so you know we take pride in our work and our community.
Contact us by phone or email to schedule your FREE roofing inspection and quote today.