Anytime you need to hire an experienced, professional contractor for a major home project, you’ll want to make sure to thoroughly do your homework before making your choice. You’ll obviously want to like the team you are going to work with, and trust they will get the project done well. When you are facing a roof repair or replacement, the first roofing company you come across might not be the best choice for your project. Doing some research on top roofing companies in your area, and asking neighbors, family, and friends for personal recommendations, will go a long way to help you make your choice. Let’s take a look at 5 things to consider when choosing a roofing company.
Selecting a Roofing Company: 5 Things to Consider
- Recommendations Asking for recommendations from friends, neighbors, and family members can give you a good list of roofing companies to start. Have they personally used the roofers before? Were they satisfied with the roofing work performed? How was the timeline for completing their roofing project? Make sure to ask a variety of questions to get as much information as possible.
- What is the roofing process? You’ll want to ask this of any prospective roofing company you’re considering, in order to get a full understanding of how their overall roof replacement process works. Will they come out and do a full review of your roof, and then provide an estimate? What is their process for removal of the current roof, installation of new roof, debris clean up, and project timeline? Will all the roofing shingles be removed? What roofing components are replaced during a roofing repair or replacement?
- Types of Materials What brands and types of shingles and colors are offered? How about the nails and adhesive products used for installation of the new roof? Are all the components of the roofing installation included in the price?
- Insurance Is the roofing company fully insured?
- Homeowners Insurance If you are a homeowner who is having your roof replaced as part of an insurance claim, you’ll want to ask all roofers that you speak with if they work with insurance claims and what their experience has been. Then make sure to check with your insurance company to find out what paperwork and steps are needed from you and the roofer you hire.
Your Experienced Austin Area Roofing Professionals
We strive to bring you the best in roofing for the Austin, Texas area. We deliver decades of roofing experience, training, and knowledge, and we will not ask for a deposit on labor or materials as a dependable way to stand out from the competition in Austin.
We are Master Elite Contractors bringing you the latest in roofing technology, and a member of our local area Better Business Bureau. Contact us by phone or email to schedule your FREE roofing inspection and quote today. Refer to our collection of resources for a variety of topics on how to choose your roof and how the installation process works.