There are many different types of roofing materials used on a home. Where you live, the style of your home, your budget, the neighborhood you’re in, and your personal taste will all help determine which roofing products you are going to want to pick. It’s why, today, we want to share what you need to know when choosing the best roofing materials for your home.
Choosing the Best Roofing Materials for your Home
Whether you need a new roof due to a recent, terrible storm or your roof has deteriorated because of age, selecting the right roofing materials is an important step to any residential roofing project, but doesn’t have to be hard. Each material choice available can be appealing for different reasons.
If your house is in a neighborhood or area with specific exterior or architectural requirements, we find choosing the right roofing products is easier with the right information. Working with your Austin roofing expert will give you the best options.
What are the 3 Top Roofing Materials?
- Asphalt Shingles This type of roofing material is our favorite. It wears well, is durable, economical, flattering for most homes, and comes in a variety of attractive looks and colors. It’s important to choose quality asphalt shingles so you know your roof is going to last for many years and stand up against the weather.
- Metal Metal roofing is an excellent material choice for the right house and location. A good product will hold up during storms and continue to withstand winds, moisture, and heat. Metal roofing materials provide a specific look and appearance that can work for many types of structures and dwellings.
- Tile A high-end roofing product, tile roofing materials can last several years, wear well, and hold up under high wind conditions. This style of roofing can be costly so choosing this material requires careful planning, thoroughly educating yourself about this material choice, and your budget. This type of roof also requires a specially-trained crew to install it.
How Do I Choose the Right Roof Material for my Home?
As you work with your professional Austin roofer to make your new roof material selections, here are a few considerations to help you make your decisions:
- What roofing material does well with your home’s architectural style? For example, if you have a historic home or contemporary home, the look you are after can be very specific.
- What specific weather or exposure considerations are a factor for your new roof? Do you have a lot of mature trees surrounding your house? Or perhaps no trees at all, so your roof is constantly exposed to the elements?
- What’s your budget? Are you looking for a roofing material within a certain price range? Do you need a roofing product that will last as long as possible? Or is the aesthetic appeal of the material more of a driving factor than the cost?
Reviewing these points with your roofing team will help you reach a decision that you can feel confident about. Roofing pros will have good suggestions for you, and will discuss materials and show you samples to choose from while helping you weigh the differences in roofing material options.
Your Local Austin Roofing Professionals
We strive to bring you the best in roofing for the Austin, Texas area. We deliver decades of roofing experience, training, and knowledge in this area’s needs. We are a prominent roofing company in residential roof repair and roof replacement. We will not ask for a deposit on labor or materials as a dependable way to stand out from the competition while bringing you the best product and service in Austin.
When we inspect, install, or repair your roof, we want to provide you with the best options for your roof design, components, and ventilation. We are Master Elite Contractors bringing you the latest in roofing technology, and a member of our local area Better Business Bureau, so you know we take pride in our work and our community.
Contact us by phone or email to schedule your FREE roofing inspection and quote today.